Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review Time - FlipBelt

preface - This is a product I purchased myself months ago. I haven't been contacted by the company, nor have they asked me to do a review. These thoughts are all completely my own.

Product: FlipBelt - XL in Carbon
Price (what I paid): $28.99 + tax & shipping
Would I recommend it - Yes, with certain disclaimers


When I first started running, it seemed like there was an endless supply of products you could purchase for to enhance running experience; water bottles, shoes, compression sleeves, the list really goes on and on.

One thing I knew I had to have was a vessel to put my phone in, because if I couldn't listen to music, I wasn't running and I didn't want to risk holding my phone and dropping it. I started off with an arm band, but it wasn't really comfortable, so I started to look for other options.

That's when I found the FlipBelt.

What is a FlipBelt? According to their website, it's a "singular tubular waistband" that is "Every bit as flattering and contoured as the rest of today’s athletic wear, FlipBelt is designed to carry your on-the-go essentials without tying up your hands. Made of a moisture-wicking, spandex-lycra blend, FlipBelt slides right on and sits snug on your hip. No bulk. No bounce. FlipBelt is also machine washable and machine dryable." So what makes it different than other belts or arm bands? From their website - "You flip the belt inside out and everything gets locked in place. Because there are no clasps or buttons, you simply pull the belt on like a pair of pants and wear it wherever it feels most comfortable. It doesn't move, jiggle, bounce or chafe and you could easily forget it’s even there."

I figured I'd test it out but wasn't sure about if it would move, if it would fit, and if it would be comfortable. Although I am always on the look out for a bright colored piece of running wear, I went with the XL Carbon, though they come in lots of bright and fun colors. The color is a deep grey and it's a nice neutral color.  I've had my FlipBelt for about 8 months now, I've worn it through several 5ks, 2 10ks and lots of training runs and I have to say, it really does stay put pretty well. Once in awhile, it'll move up, but once I readjust, it stays where it needs to be. I can fit my Samsung Galaxy S3 in it (with a case) plus some GUs, my ID, chapstick, and a key. Additionally, I don't even flip it inwards, as stated above, to lock it in. Even without the flipping, my items stay in and don't jiggle or move around.

Would I recommend it to someone - Yes, but I would let them know that yes, it does move a little and the sizing isn't as generous as I would hope. I am a 16/18 and the XL just fits. If I was much larger, I probably wouldn't have one.

Here are a few photos of me with it on... 
I'm wearing it over my clothes at this race

You can see it slightly under my top

I purchased mine from the FlipBelt website, however, I have now seen them in running stores and on Amazon. I purchased mine for $28.99 and they will send you a free water resistant bag for your phone if you wish. I got one but have never used it. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but I do suggest visit their website for more details.

Have you tried the FlipBelt? What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment