Monday, August 18, 2014

Another Week Bites the Dust

I am officially three weeks down on my 1/2 marathon training schedule! Let's review shall we?

Monday - Stretch and Strength - I took Monday to relax a bit, I did a little stretching but over all, I'd call it a rest day.
Tuesday - 3.5 Mile Run - My legs felt like concrete but I was able to get through all 3.5 miles before it started to down pour!
Wednesday - 2 Mile Run or Cross Train - I was soo tired on Wednesday, achy, sore, exhausted. I planned to rest but the guilt hit me hard (you can read more about it here) and I went for a walk.
Thursday - 3.5 Mile Run - My body couldn't take it anymore, I needed a full on rest day. So I skipped my 3.5 miles, took a 40 minute epsom salt bath and rested instead. I regret nothing!
Friday - Rest Day - Yes, I took two in a row!
Saturday - 40 Minute Cross-Training - Woke up tired but decided to hit the pavement, with my bike! 40 minute cross-training - got in almost 6 miles.
Sunday - 5 mile run - It was slow and humid, but because of my rest, I didn't feel any pain in my knees. Success overall!

This week will be the same, program wise, but I hope to have more energy and less pain so I can complete my days.


PS - I have some super exciting things coming up, so please follow my blog! Think giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment