Saturday, August 23, 2014

Guess Who Is Now A Polar Ambassador??

I'll give you ONE guess!

I am turly humbled that Polar is giving me a chance to be their ambassador. It means a great deal to me!

So here is a little about the company...

From their website "At our heart we’re all about getting people fit and improving their physical performance, but more than that, we’re about pushing boundaries in everything we do. Take a look through the About Polar section and see for yourself. Who we are, what we do, our history and the innovations that make us unique – it’s all here waiting for you to discover." Polar was founded in 1977 in Finland and by 1982 they had their first wireless wearable heart rate monitor. They have a pretty cool timeline on their site of the accomplishments they have had.

My first HRM was by Polar and I purchased it about 2 and a half years ago. I went with the FT4. It came highly recommended by many people on FB and it did what I needed it to do, track my calories while working out.

Once my needs started to change (ie, I started running), I wanted something that would track my distance as well as my calories burned. I asked around and although people suggested a Garmin to me, I went with my gut and got another Polar, the RCX3 GPS and I certainly didn't regret it. The GPS was spot-on, it fit me well, it allowed me to use it for crossing training as well (something some of the Garmins don't really allow for) and I already knew the basics of using it (which BTW, these products are SO easy to use).

Now, I am once again upgrading, I will now be using the RC3 GPS and will be trading in my Fitbit for a Polar Loop. In the coming weeks, I'll give you some reviews on those, since I am just starting to use them.

So what does this mean for my readers? Well, I am going to be doing weekly Polar posts on here, introducing different products, giving you info, etc. You will start to see more of my photos with the hashtag #teampolar, which won't affect you, but, you'll see it. And I have some more things up my sleeve, but you'll have to wait!

So, tell me, does anyone have any Polar products?

No comments:

Post a Comment