Monday, August 11, 2014

Buh-Bye Week 2!

Week two is over....here is how it went...

Monday - Stretch and Strength - Spent 20 minutes doing some stretching. My body was tired, so I allowed it rest. It felt good to get specified time JUST for stretching.
Tuesday - 3 Mile Run - It ended up being a 2.45 mile run, due to weather. Some thunder and lightening started, so I headed back. Overall a good run though, no shin pain and not to much fatigue.
Wednesday - 2 Mile Run or Cross - Cross training again, a 2 mile walk. I have no guilt about choosing walking as my cross training. It's a legitimate way to cross train and I think it's ignored by a lot of people.
Thursday - 3 Mile Run - One of the most comfortable runs I've had in a long while, I even had negative splits! Felt good to run and not feel too fatigued.
Friday - Rest Day - which actually turned into peeling wallpaper day, so I consider it another cross-training day
Saturday - 30 Minute Cross - Used this day as a wallpaper peeling day. With the up and down of getting on a step ladder, and the scrapping with a putty knife, I can feel it pretty good in my triceps. Cross training/home updating success!
Sunday - 4 Mile Run - By far one of the best runs I've had so far this training program. Went smoothly, no pain, times weren't bad and I enjoyed it. Listened to a podcast, which is my new jam. If you've never tried running to a podcast before, I'd suggest it just for a try. I never thought I'd like it but come to find out, it's almost better than music sometimes for me!

So, I'm two weeks down. Somehow, even though I've been busy busy, I'm feeling pretty good. I've been sleeping great, eating when I need too, and making sure I take down time for myself. Looking forward to what this week brings!


2 comments: