Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 4 Is No More

I know - the lame titles will end soon, I promise (or do I??)

So I'm officially 4 weeks into my training program and I am feeling pretty good. This week was a little bit of an all over week, no lie, but I got the bulk of things done. This is also the week that I decided to switch a few things up to work better with my needs, so you might see a few changes in the upcoming weeks.

Monday - Stretch and Strength - I didn't do any strength but I spent time stretching. This is one of my changes, my Monday will not be Roll and Rest days, foam rolling and resting. My body will thank me for it.
Tuesday - I skipped my run. That's right, just, skipped it. Why? Cause a friend I hadn't seen in a while could hang out, and I wanted too. And because...life, it happens.
Wednesday - Cross Training Day - Couldn't really decide what I wanted to do, so I broke out the good ol' Hip Hop Abs dvd and did one of the workouts. It wasn't much, but it was something
Thursday - I rested instead of ran, because, life happened again.
Friday - Instead of resting, I ran (see, it evens out!)
Saturday - Cross training day, but that didn't really happen. I could pretend I swam but really, I laid in the pool drinking an Angry Orchard.
Sunday - 5 Mile Run - Did all 5 miles, in the heat and humidity. Wishing this humidity would break!

So overall, it was an "easier" week for me, but that's okay. I'm not upset about it. I am doing what I can, doing what I want, and living life.

And for the first time in a long time, I have the confidence that I will succeed in my half marathon. I'm scared and nervous, but dammit I know I can do it, and that in of itself is pretty amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment